
Love this book! It was a recommendation off of Stephenie Meyer's list. I checked it out from the library, then bought it, lent it to Nicole, re-read it, love it.
It is a young adult historical romance novel published in 1985 by Eva Ibbotson.
Brief synopsis:
Harriet Morton lives in Cambridge with her widowed father who is an intolerant Merlin Professor of Classics, and her frugal Aunt Louisa, who wishes her to marry an uninteresting entomogly student named Edward Finch-Dutton. After her father bans her from attending school, believing women should not be highly educated, the only freedom allowed to her are ballet lessons at Madame Lavarre's school. One day at her lessons, Sasha Dubrov, a famous ballet master visits her studio and asks Harriet to join his company for a tour of South America. Although she wants to accept, her father refuses to let her join the tour, and instead bans her from ballet lessons when she suggests the idea.
That is just the tip of the ice berg folks! The fun is just beginning. I do have to say that the first part drags on in much detail, but endure through the first few chapters, and you're in for a fun adventure!
-RanayP.S. Has anyone ever read any of this author's other books?
I do agree that it was a little hard to get into, but a good book. I bought it too, so if anyone wants to borrow it, let me know!
ReplyDeleteI kept trying to get into this book I just couldn't do it. I didn't like the way the author wrote. I accidintally checked another on the her books out and couldn't get into that on either. Then I realized it was the same author. The story lines sounded good.
ReplyDeleteI loved loved loved this book. I want more!
ReplyDeleteI want to borrow! I need a good read right now!
ReplyDelete