Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Shadow Children Series

The Shadow Children Series, by Margret Peterson Haddix, is great. We bought them for my 4th grade daughter, and she has gone all the way through the 7 books in a matter of a couple of weeks. I am reading them too, and I really like them. They are quick and easy to get through. They have really short chapters which I like, because if you only have a few minutes of downtime, you can easily get through a few chapters.

They are set in the future. People are only allowed to have 2 children. The whole series is about what happens to the 3rd children (or shadow children). The government runs the Population Police, and it's their job to track down and kill any illegal shadow children.



Here are the titles of the seven books:
1. Among the Hidden
2. Among the Impostors
3. Among the Betrayed
4. Among the Barons
5. Among the Brave
6. Among the Enemy
7. Among the Free

1 comment:

  1. Ooh another series - they are my vice!!! Putting them on my list!

    ReplyDelete